Table Tennis Training Camps
I’ve held and been to hundreds of table tennis camps over the years and believe they can be the no.1 way to develop your game.
- Ratio: how many coaches in comparison to players, a good ratio is between 4-6 players to 1 coach
- Multiball: you should receive multiball at the camp this enhances your ability to develop your overall game 10 folds if done correctly.
- Variety of players and levels: this gives you the opportunity to try out things against lower level, compete with players of your level and be pushed to new heights with players of a higher level than yourself.
- Facilities: you want good quality tables, hall, balls and lighting giving you the best chance to develop your game.
- Knowledge and experienced coaches: this enables you to receive good advice and generally non-conflicting information.
- Variety of drills: must include, footwork, service and receive, personal exercises for self-development.
- Time and breaks: you want to train for around 5-6 hours but with frequent breaks. This allows you to self-reflect, re-charge and still have plenty of table time.
- Match play: verity of match play situations allowing you to experiment and develop your new thought skills.
Camps I personally host:
eBaTT – Topspin Summer camp: Possibly the best camp in England with 10 coaches and 34 players of all ages and levels from across the globe. It’s a camp that provides all the above, see for your self by clicking on the link http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7z9bpqiiX4 – Join us for our next camp.
To book your place visit: https://www.topspintt.com/summer-camp/
I also host camps in Europe including; Malta, Belgium, France, Portugal, Hungary etc. To find out more visit my camps page by clicking on this link: https://www.coachmetabletennis.com/camps.html
There are plenty of camps held by various other coaches and clubs, the key is to make sure you do your homework before committing. Often, you’ll find a name is not always quality unless it’s my name of course (lol). On a serious note, I pride myself on providing the very best quality and hand pick my camp coaches.
I look forward to seeing you soon on one of my camps…
Written by Eli Baraty
eBaTT (Eli Baraty Academy of Table Tennis)
Coach Me Table Tennis
FB: Eli Baraty